Two modern interpretations of the iconic Land Rover make their debut at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. Both concepts capture the adventurous, daring, indomitable spirit of Land Rover. This spirit was established in 1948 by the Series 1, the first mass-produced civilian 4x4, which swiftly earned a global reputation for itself, for British engineering and for the Land Rover name.
The DC100 and DC100 Sport concepts preview a potential future direction for Land Rover. There is no doubt these concepts demonstrate that this world-famous and well-loved brand is firmly focused on the future, and is one that recognises its heritage but does not allow it to impede innovation.
With an all-new Defender planned for production in 2015, replacing this iconic model will surely be one of the biggest challenges in automotive history.
Basics of the new Land Rover DC100 concept include:
- Based on a lightweight, mixed-alloy platform.
- Cutting-edge, sustainable, hi-tech materials taken from aerospace industries.
- The Terrain-i scanning device warns the driver of obstacles when off-roading and can suggest alternative routes.
- Wade Aid uses sonar technology to assess water depth and advise the driver of optimum speed.
- Intelligent, next-generation, Land Rover Terrain Response system automatically optimises the car for any environment.
- Driver-activated spiked tyre system can be deployed at the touch of a button.
- Permanent four-wheel drive with an eight-speed transmission, Intelligent Stop/Start and a transfer case.
- 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol and diesel engine with hybrid and plug-in capabilities.
The Live Web-stream of the car reveal can be viewed here: http://www.gginternet1.co.uk/tvcgroup/jaguar/130911/iframe.asp
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Tel: (+44) 207 535 5800
email@example.com | +44 (0)207 535 5800 | +44 (0)781 428 6470
firstname.lastname@example.org| +44 (0)207 535 5800 | +44 (0)07765 481 358